Friday, January 2, 2009

new year's eve party

I threw a New Year's Eve party for Owen. We even had a few presents I left over from Christmas. One of these presents was a cardboard house that I decorated late into the night on Dec 30--I painted it, and it was so rewarding, I just couldn't stop.


On New Year's Eve we awoke to the most enchanting snow fall. Jeff was working until Owen's nap time, so it was just me and my geezer for our New Year's party. I ordered a special gelatto cake and Chinese food, both of which were delicious. I was proud of my decorated home. I hung streamers from the ceiling the night before...

But most of all, I so enjoyed this special time with Owen. He was such an important part of my year. It's funny that when I thought about MY year, many of my thoughts were about his--let's just say, "on his behalf." We toasted with sparkling cider with over a dozen cheers.

And after he was tucked in bed, Jeff and I went to a party at a friend's across the street. It was just perfect.

2 comments:

Z said...

That is completely adorable! I love your house..it's beautiful! Both the real house and the cardboard one :) Here's to all the health and happiness in the world in this coming New Year and many to come. Happy New Year!

Liz V. said...

Love the cardboard house you built and decorated. Geez, I can't believe I didn't know about this party and all your decorating work. (nice job!) And to think that I *believed* I know what's going on in your life... :-)